Is there such a thing as a magic parenting button? Sometimes I wish there was, but the reality is that a combination of things can support you to be the parent you want to be or to create the family calm you desire. Read More
Do you love school sports day or loathe them?
Remember running with all your effort and coming close to last?
Or running the race and winning them all?
Ever do the parents race?
I can’t decide about them. Yes they are all inclusive and doing it in teams means they are involved in something bigger than just themselves. Yet some one will always come last, 2nd from last. Others will fall over or forget what they’re doing. Some are happy to run the three-legged race and giggle all the way and come last. Others don’t cope emotionally.
My son is one who find competition really hard. Last year he did a complicated “potato race” which involved running & collecting a ball running back to the start and then running getting the next one & then finally running to the finish line. He was doing really well with the collecting (heading for a 1st place) but didn’t know or forgot to run to the finish line and so came last. He was upset, devastated in fact. He refused to go and sit back with his friends and stayed on my knee until the sports day was over. Even the cheering of the other parents just for him didn’t cheer him up. Losing is hard, especially with so many people watching you.
This year, I was thankful there was no running. Javelin (foam don’t panic!) and bean bag throwing. He was good at both but had a particularly good bean bag throw, he thought he was in with a chance. He came 5th out of 20 kids (did really well). He’d “held it together” for the whole event, behaved well and taken part in a positive way.
However, as he came out of school he burst into tears as he ran to me, as he’d only got 5th place and he’d really wanted to go on the podium. No matter how I said it was an excellent result and in the top 20% of throws, he wouldn’t have it.
Some children can enjoy the fun of the day, others you can see the strain of “keeping going” taking a toll on their emotions.
Bless him he held it together for so long, and as so often happens when they are in their safe place they relax and share their real emotions.
I can’t decide whether I like school sports day or swimming galas. We don’t put pressure on him, but emotionally he can really struggle.
Sports Day – Team Building – Competition? Good or Bad?
The jury’s out here – its all down to the child
Is this you? Do you want to…
- Bring an end to chaotic bedtimes?
- Create a calm, supportive, nurturing space for your family to thrive?
- Is your family affected by anger outbursts, tantrums, food/toilet/bed issues, anxiety issues or emotional upset?
- Want to support your children through their childhood issues?
- Looking for a holistic natural way to bring balance and calm into your family?
- Be the calm, supportive parent you planned to be
- Be a positive, calm parent to happy, calm children
- All for just £24.99 a month (early bird rate)
This eight week program has been designed by a frazzled Mum, author & award winning holistic therapist, Romella Jones. Bringing the best holistic tools to you and your family.
Price is Early Bird until 23.59pm Thursday 2nd February of £249 (£24.99 x 10 months) and then rises to £299 (or £29.99 a month x 10 months). Program will close Sunday Midnight and start officially on 6th February.
Want to find out how to book: https://romella.simplero.com/page/70512-want-to-create-family-calm-in-your-family
What will you gain from this program?
- Tools to support your bedtime routine – get the children to bed without stress, tantrums and tears
- Support your stressed out – anxious – angry child to build their confidence, happiness and self-esteem
- Simple mindfulness and meditation exercises to get you going on your journey to calm
- Fun things to do as a family that will help calm and nurture each member, child and adult alike
- Understand how you create your reality and how you can positively use this in your life
- Time for you – even if its minutes a day, they all add up and create your space for calm
- Each week you’ll access a new module of information – from essential oils to meditation to visualisation to The Balance Procedure and more. I’ve also included space in the schedule to implement or recap on the topics and information (there’s no such thing as being behind, it will all happen at the right time for you)
- Feel more like that parent you wanted to be from the start
Tools you’ll receive to use:
- SleepTalk (worth £299 as a one-2-one)
- Online group and support (worth £45 a week)
- Essential oils (bottle of DoTERRA Balance and Wild Orange – worth over £29)
- TBP book & cards (set of cards and book plus training worth £55)
- Printed copy of “Balance and Calm Toolkit for the Frazzled Mum” worth £8.00
- Access to an 8 week online program of modules and information PLUS a secret facebook group for support and contact from me personally
Why have I created this program for you?
- As an Award-winning therapist, author and mother to two children – I’ve been using these tools – they work! I’ve researched, studied and qualified in therapiesthat support the creation of family calm. Plus I have guinea pigs (me & my family!)
- It brings together a comprehensive wholistic package of tools that will support you and your family to create that family calm
- Supporting you as a parent, to create your balance and calm, that can ripple effect into your family
- Fun and practical tools for you and your family to use
- A supportive secret facebook group, with weekly facebook lives, plus support from me. You are able to ask questions in the forum or by private message
- Because a one-off solution doesn’t always work – other factors affect family calm. Having other tools in place will support you and your family
What is meditation?
It is a practice to focus and relax & calm the brain.It canbe as simple as relaxing, closing your eyes and concentrating on your breathing for a few minutes (as the kettle boils). Read More
I’m really chuffed to have been awarded an award for Story Massage. Its a “Best Practise Award for Story Massage”, for sharing this amazing, fun technique. Read More
Would like some new tools to improve communication with your children?
New Tools to cope with change and build confidence?
Plus learn some tools to create family calm.
My Favourite Visualisation to do with my Children:
I often feel I’m failing as a Mum. I get frustrated when getting kids out of the door to school, the endless “get your shoes on, get your shoes on, get your shoes on”. I’m not very Mary Poppins! Sometimes I feel I should be.
I love the Topsy and Tim books and so did my children, we also loved the TV adaptation. Again the Mum is so perfect so “yes darling of course you can”, when I’m saying “no you can’t get your pokemon cards we need to go”.
Who is comparing me against theses fictional characters – that’s me! No one else is judging me against these Mums or female characters! Me!
I may feel I’m being judged by other Mums too, especially as my business is called “Create Family Calm”. But there’s a reason why I’m doing what I’m doing it because my family and I need these tools in our lives ,they work (when used :-))
But do you know what, I’m a Mum, with some tools, who occasionally forgets to get the tools out of the toolbox in the moment! This is why I wrote the book!
Being a Mum is hard work, its not all “Topsy and Tim”, we have real-life children with real life issues and real life hormones flooding through our bodies!
So this is me just sharing my truth and saying – I’m doing the best I can.
You’re a Mum doing the best you can, and that’s great, I’m here cheering you on, I can bring out the half-time oranges for you if you like, just let me know!
8 Tips for Balance and Calm
Here are a few quick tips from my book!
- Think of a positive affirmation for the day – “I am good enough” or “I am joyful” or “I am lovable”. Repeat three times throughout the day.
- Spend a minute breathing in a rainbow of colours – the full spectrum – close your eyes, relax and feel your body fill and glow with a rainbow of colours. Was there a colour that stood out?
- Create a calming roller ball – perfect for your handbag to calm and relax your or for headaches. Buy a glass 10ml roller ball bottle from Ebay or similar, add in 4 drops of CPTG lavender oil and top up with fractionated coconut oil or a flavourless oil such as sunflower oil. Then use on pulse points.
- Sleep issues? Try the Dr Bach Night Time Rescue Remedy. Simply spray under tongue before bed – check the usage guide for more info.
- Lie down and imagine you are butter melting onto a piece of hot toast as you relax your body completely.
- Spend a minute listening to your heart – close your eyes, relax and feel your heart space glow with pink; allow this colour to swamp your whole body – feel the love and calm.
- Next time you shampoo your hair, take an extra minute and give yourself an Indian Head Massage. Rub all over your head, then with conditioner stroke from forehead to neck. As you dry, you can do the gentle hair pull. Great to calm and stimulate growth.
- Tension building? Put your hands at the back of your head, rub your thumbs across the bony base and then “shampoo” your head all over with your fingers. Mini Indian Head Massage – so relaxing.
For another 152 tips and a full chapter explaining the benefits of mindfulness, meditation, flower essences, crystals, and affirmations, why not check out my book – http://amzn.to/2cyl3nI
Romella Jones – Chief Calm Creator @ Create Family Calm
Romella is an award winning holistic therapist and energy practitioner based in Shropshire but available to support parents globally.
Since 2012 Romella has focused as a more family oriented therapist, the catalyst was her son starting school. Since then “Create Family Calm” has been developed, offering a wide range of therapies to parents and their children. Solutions to bedwetting, sibling rivalry, separation anxiety, anger management, tantrums, toilet issues, food control issues, nightmares, lack of self esteem and more.
Therapies included SleepTalk (A self-esteem program for children as they sleep), Relax Kids coach, Infant/Baby Massage Instructor, The Balance Procedure practitioner and Teacher, Story Massage, Aromatherapy all alongside Reiki & energy/crystal healing, aromatherapy and other tools from Cariad Therapies.
Many families have been supported through her offering in person and through skype.
For more information please contact Romella on www.createfamilycalm.com
Feeling like a Frazzled Mum? Are you having a gggrrr moment? Need a quick tool to calm yourself? Got a minute or less?
Then I have the answer for you! Read More